Friday, April 16, 2010

Monday 4.5.10

I was actually gone for this class, but my reason for absence works out perfectly with the theme of this blog. In class we talked about how Sexson's friend always travels places but never reads books. Sexson said that the fufillment of reading a book can often be as rewarding as traveling to the place, if not more. I agree that reading books can be personally rewarding, but sometimes you just have to go to the place to actually experience it.

I was in Seattle this weekend visiting my boyfriend. We've been trying to date long distance for about three months now, seeing each other about once a month. I don't think any kind of reading could substitute actually going there to visit him. I think that's where the grey area begins in the controversy of reading books vs. visiting the real thing. If you're visiting a place to experience something that wouldn't necessarily take place in a book, then I'd say that going to that place is more rewarding then reading a book about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment