Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Monday 3.28.10


In class we discussed tragedies we've personally experienced. I haven't experienced a loss of a family member since I was around three, so I don't remember much. Something that really affected me recently is the loss of our van, Big Red. I grew up driving Big Red. She handled anything great - snow, rain, mud..anything. I have many fond memories in Big Red - from using her as the "party bus" to driving up to Glacier Park to go fly fishing. Big Red was special to me...she almost had a mysterious power behind her - I've never gotten in an accident and I think that's partly because of her. When my mom called to say they had taken her to the junk yard I actually stared crying. Not only was it the end of great memories, but the end of an era.

No comments:

Post a Comment