Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wednesday 3.10.10

In class, we discussed works of literature that have changed the way we think. I thought back at the books I've read over the last couple years and the one that stuck out the most was Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer. I'm a very realistic thinker. I stick to what makes me feel safe and I don't often venture out of my comfort zone. This book got me to realize that if you want to live a full life, you have to step out of your comfort zone and explore the world around you, even if it's dangerous.

We also discussed how found poetry can be addictive. Everywhere you look, you'll find it. I'm a graphic design major and find occurrences like this in my major. I often find myself looking at billboards or other advertisements thinking of what they could have changed to make it better. It drives me crazy going down the interstate..I can't concentrate on anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment