Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Class Nine - 2.3.10

My earliest memory is still very vivid - I was around four years old and my dad took me fishing over on a neighbor's dock (I grew up on a lake). We used Power-bait because I think it pretty much guaranteed us a fish. We ended up catching 2 decent size rainbow trout, and we brought them both back to the house to clean. My mom took a picture of me holding the fish in front of our house (which I still have). I was wearing a pink turtle neck and some goofy pants. My dad and I cleaned the fish together, and I remember when we cut their stomachs open to examine the contents, we found a bunch of corn, which I found strange..I didn't understand how the fish had gotten the corn in the first place.

This positive experience of fishing with my dad really stuck with me. As I got older, I used to spend hours on our dock fishing. My dad and I didn't always get along during my childhood, but when we were fishing together, we put that all behind us. I'm still an avid fisher today!

No comments:

Post a Comment