Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Class Eight - 2.1.10

So our assignment was to remember everything that happened to us between 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Feb. 2....here's what I did:

woke up at 6, hit the snooze button, went back to sleep, actually got up at 6:45, got dressed, brushed my teeth, did my make up, ate a yogurt on the way out the door, walked to Kinko's, printed my graphic design assignment ($2.00 for each color copy...can you believe it?!), went to the Daily and got a cup of coffee and a lemon bar, walked back to campus, went into the graphic design room to finish up assignment for class at 9, get to class with seconds to spare, critique every one's work, go back into the lab and rework my design, go back into the classroom and get next class' assignment, walk home, prepare to take a nap, decide that 25 minutes isn't long enough to take a nap, play on Facebook, text my friend, grab a clementine and eat it on the way to my Energy & Sustainability class, get to class, fill up my water bottle, see that we have a guest lecturer, listen to said guest lecturer about the effects of green house gas on climate change, receive a text from friend and respond, walk to work (Hannon Dining Hall), clock in, put an apron and gloves on, go out and check the salad bar, fill up a couple thing, look busy without actually doing anything for a while, prepare the breakfast bar for the next day, periodically check my phone for another text from friend, check the temps on the salad bar, re-ice everything, check out, run into my roomie on the way out, chat with her for a second about not receiving text from the friend, tell her I'll see her at 6:45, go home and take a nap from 4:15 to 6, get dressed and head back to work, stop at the library to drop off DVDs that I checked out, arrive at work, sweep and mop the back rooms, sweep and mop the main room, periodically talk to my roomie (who also works there) about not receiving a reply to friend's text, dump mop bucket and get checked out, eat dinner there, walk over the the library to get new movies since a certain friend has yet to text back, get home, talk to my ex-boyfriend and other friends on Facebook, finally receive text from friend, make plans to hang out later that night.

I really enjoyed this activity. It made mundane, everyday events seem like something special because I was actually paying attention to them. I think I might actually do this more on my own time.

No comments:

Post a Comment